Starting something new can feel scary, particularly when related to our body. I hope to help answer some questions you may have wondered about private yoga and what a session will look like. I’ll give you some general principles that you might find in most private yoga sessions and then get a little bit into what a private session looks like with me!
Link to Blog on Benefits of Private Yoga/Is it Worth the Investment?
- Intake questionnaire
- Scheduled a call/email
- Types of yoga
- Some teachers offer an intake session before your first actual session. During intake, you may go over some of the answers to your intake form and work together to create goals.
- Suppose your goals are particularly physical or asana-based. In that case, the teacher may take you through a series of poses to assess where your body is at the time of intake.
Guide To In-Person Yoga Classes
This detailed guide covers information on class type, typical class titles/what they mean, as well as tips on what to do before, during, and after class!
Get your free copy now!
Every Session After That
- How you’re doing physically, mentally, emotionally
- Talk about what we’ll do for that session
- Check-in with the breath/pranayama
- “Meat” of the session
- Goal focused
- Main asana practice or meditation
- Workshop style
- Ask questions/notice how you’re feeling and say it
- End of the session
- Check-out talk
- Goals for next session
I operate private sessions with the structure I discussed above for the most part. You’ll find the biggest differences among teachers regarding personal philosophy on private yoga and their personality. I have a very calm energy and a compassionate nature. I truly believe in finding ways to make your body feel better. That involves discovering what YOU need and not pushing you into a pose your body does not like. I am very patient and hardly ever rush. Coming from public education, we can go as slow as we need to go. I want to make sure that you understand what’s happening, and I’ll figure out 100 ways to explain something until you do.
If you’re interested in working with me, I offer 1-hr sessions as well as 30-minute Expression Sessions or “tune-ups.”
If you’re unsure, you can book a FREE 10-minute consultation call with me, and we can discuss if this is a good fit for you!
Use the links below to book an individual session or CLICK HERE to book a package!
Book your private session with me today!